How to Report a Claim
You have the option not only to report a claim, but circumstances,
(situations in which you are concerned that a claim may occur) as well.
Here's how to ensure the fastest possible response to your circumstance or claim:
- When you're notified of a claim or become aware of a circumstance, email your claim information to email@example.com,
or you can write the CNA Insurance Companies in care of Victor Insurance Managers Inc., Two Wisconsin Circle, Chevy Chase, MD
- With respect to claims, all principals and
staff members involved in the claim should be prepared to document the
circumstances surrounding the allegation. Your written report to CNA
should include the following:
- Your firm's name and address
- Your policy number
- Date, time and location of the situation
- Brief narrative description of the allegation against you
- Name of person or entity making the claim
- Amount of demand, if known
- Any lawsuit papers or legal proceedings
- Client–design professional for the project
- Any other pertinent documents or correspondence, including newspaper accounts
- If the claim or circumstance involves a traumatic
situation (collapse of a structure, serious bodily injury, etc.), take
photographs of the site if possible. Amateur photos taken promptly are
more valuable than professional photos taken at a later date.
with your CNA claim specialist before you agree to attend any
conferences arranged for the specific purpose of discussing the
- Do not sign or accept releases from any parties without first obtaining approval from your CNA claims specialist.
- Keep all pertinent letters of agreement for services, correspondence and memoranda.
all letters, memoranda, and suit papers without comment or argument.
Do not admit liability, and do not attempt to place blame.
Experienced Legal Counsel
CNA uses highly experienced and successful legal defense firms that
specialize in design professional professional liability claims to
help defend you.
The attorney assigned to your case will consult with you and keep you
informed about all important actions to be taken on your behalf. In
addition, your CNA claims professional will help answer your questions
and advise you of developments in your case.
The legal defense of a lawsuit is often the most critical factor in
handling a professional liability claim. Providing you with the
experienced legal defense you need is just one more reason why CNA
delivers the best claims services available in the industry.
Fast Claims Services
If you are faced with a claim or potential claim, you can be assured
that CNA will provide fast, fair claims service.
Applying our experience and expertise, we work with you to protect
your firm's assets and reputation by handling your claim quickly and
Specialists give you personal service. Our professional liability claim professionals are available from coast to
coast. At Victor and CNA, we continually respond to the evolving
needs of your practice. That is our commitment to you - a commitment
we've been keeping for over 60 years.
After your insurance company is notified about your claim or incident, we will take the following steps:
- An analyst will be assigned to review your case.
- The analyst will notify your claims
specialist, who will contact you within 24 hours of being notified of
your situation to begin the investigation.
- As the investigation progresses, you and your
claims specialist will work together to direct, monitor and assess your
- If the situation requires legal counsel, an
attorney specializing in the defense of professional liability claims will be
retained to protect your interests.